Monday, April 14, 2008

Roti Canai oh Roti Canai



I'm sure that each & everyone of us has experienced eating at kedai mamak. I mean there are everywhere. Well, i want to share my experience on this kedai mamak situation. It's not about the food or condition. But, a simple experience that i will remember till the end.

It all begins in 2002, i was in part of the Sukan Remaja JIM when i had to depart for KL..by bus. It was 12 midnight when the bus started to get moving from bus station. What a journey that was. I can't sleep for the whole journey. Damn..

5am, i arrived at the so-called Puduraya bus station. Then gotta wait for the "urusetia" to fetch the whole team. Weird isn't it? We have to stop at Puduraya & wait for them to fetch us..Why we just can't go straight to Bangi(the venue of the event) & stop there. But that's not important. After meeting with the "urusetia", they brought us to have our breakfast at Anuja Restaurant just opposite the Puduraya station. And this is where the funny thing happens. As i was having the ordinary roti canai & teh tarik, suddenly i heard one of the urusetia said "roti canai kat sini boleh tahan sedapnye..". That's very irony to me as i'm having difficulties to finish mine (tak sedaplah tu). And out of the blue, the urusetia face me and ask me in the most manner way..."Kat Penang ade kedai roti canai best camni tak?". OMG, i can saw my friends all are holding their laughter. I can't simply laugh at him. But in the most manner way i answered..."Eh,ada banyak kedai roti canai kat Penang. Macam cendawan tumbuh,selang 500meter ada sebuah..". Fair enough i guess. He nodded his head.

In our way to Bangi, me & all the team simply cannot "tahan" to laugh. We laugh all the way from KL to Bangi. What a day that was as i ponder to myself.."Ada jugak orang tak penah pi Penang". Well, that's experience i would say. Roti canai oh roti canai..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rugi la sesapa yang tak pernah mai penang..Tatau lagi kesedapan roti canai favourite kita...Yeay!! :) ~KAK LYNN~

Terung Jambu said...

welcome to da blogging world... and happy blogging :)